[Petal] Problems with on-error?

Bruno Postle bruno at mkdoc.com
Mon Dec 5 16:24:58 GMT 2005

On Wed 30-Nov-2005 at 12:59 +0000, Bruno Postle wrote:

>Yes, looks like there are two bugs here:
>
>* The TAL spec says that 'on-error' should be treated as a
>  'content' statement, but Petal replaces the entire tag.
>
>* The expression isn't being evaluated and is dumped as a simple
>  string.
>
>http://www.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ZPT/TAL%20Specification%201.4/#on-error

Also the content of on-error is used without any checks, so it is
possible for badly coded templates to generate invalid XML like so:

Unless someone else fancies tackling this, a full fix will have to
wait.

So I've put a note in the pod documentation that the implementation
of on-error is incomplete, and added code to defang XML
metacharacters in the output.

--
Bruno