[Petal] POST vs.GET

Joachim Zobel jzobel at heute-morgen.de
Sat Aug 27 10:54:05 BST 2005

Am Freitag, den 24.06.2005, 14:52 -0700 schrieb Jing Wang:
> looks like my browser does not recognize "some_petal_page.pt". It acts
> like I am downloading a file.

Probably your web server sends a Content-Type that makes the Browser do
that. You might want to use the Mozilla/Firefox httpHeaders Plugin to
find out (or simply use GET or telnet from the command line).

> Just to clarify, I have a "request-broker" perl cgi that retrieves all
> the parameters passed from a petal page, and processes the resulting
> petal page.

This is an architectural workaround for being forced to act from inside
a content handler. In case you are using mod_perl this is not necessary.
You can always use a FixupHandler if you need to hook into all requests
or handle the appropriate request phase.

Sincerely,
Joachim