[Petal] Re: help for cpan modules etc..

Chris Croome chris at webarchitects.co.uk
Thu Sep 23 12:36:27 BST 2004

Hi

On Wed 22-Sep-2004 at 10:42:47 +0100, Steve Purkis wrote:

> >On Tue 21-Sep-2004 at 01:53:45PM +0100, Matt Sergeant wrote:
> > > I might be persuaded to maintain Petal if nobody else picks it up.
>
> Well, that's good news!
>
> Perhaps we'll finally see Petal & TT2 [3?] working together...  Let's
> face it, Petal is just syntax..  and TT is a good engine.

I just had a look at the TT3 site (not many updates of late...?) and the
namespace stuff is interesting:

 And parts for other languages can go in their own namespaces.

    Template::Foo
    Template::Mason
    Template::Simple
    Template::ReallyComplex
    Template::MyLanguageIsBetterThanYoursNeenerNeenerNeener
    ...and so on...

  http://tt3.template-toolkit.org/design/namespace.html

Perhaps it would make sense to Petal to move sometime, to, perhaps,:

  Template::TAL