[Petal] <![CDATA[ ... ]]> and HTML Elements

William McKee william at knowmad.com
Tue Nov 16 18:05:26 GMT 2004

On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 11:30:11AM +0000, Fergal Daly wrote:
> So I really should have asked for the scripts that started the discussion
> because apparently they can't go in a .js but they do need <!--. At a guess,
> I'd say they could be chopped up with the functions going into a .js file
> and the calls to those functions coming from the HTML, exactly as in MKDoc
> and hopefully those calls will not invloce any bad characters,

Finally getting back to this thread (it's been a busy week).

As I recall, the OP had to do with how Petal escapes '&' and '<'
characters. If you put the JS inside of <!-- --> tags, Petal won't
escape them. Be sure you are using the latest release; I don't remember
when this functionality was added.

William

--
Knowmad Services Inc.