[Petal] Maypole

Yuval Kogman lists at woobling.org
Wed Jun 16 17:13:52 BST 2004

On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 17:01:03 +0100, Jean-Michel Hiver wrote:

> Darn. Could you give a simple TT example? Just so that I can write a
> test and try to get it working.

in the macros file, under display_line:

	maybe_link_view(item.$col);

which is like

but is instead replaced with

	FIXME

I forgot - a major refactoring is to remove the various defines, and
make the macros use the same object names. Even better would be to
implement METAL slots... ;-)

> HTML Tidy is your friend :)

xmllint even more so, because I remember to use it ;-)

Somewhat related:

Look at the source of http://nothingmuch.woobling.org/beerdb and
friends. There is /lots/ of whitespace from various ommitted spans. Is
there any clean way to work around this except for compressing the code?

Which also brings me to another thing, could we have a pseudotag, like

	<petal petal:foo="" />

which is like span but ommitted by default?

Unrelated:

Seriously though, if it weren't for Petal I doubt I would even get stuff
which compiles under a template system.

I have an interesting idea for template authoring, btw. I don't know if
it's possible, but I think it should be.

A javascript generated GUI thing that walks the DOM of the template
file, and gives tree selections for <?if?> <?else?>, and the ability to
create mock data for other things, and then manipulates the DOM of the
template to fake this input could be a very nice authoring tool, which
would really ease template authoring, since it requires no environment
set up... =)

 /\  kung foo master: /me sneaks up from another MIME part: neeyah!!!!!