[Petal] METAL with TAL inside

Yuval Kogman lists at woobling.org
Mon Jun 7 13:47:32 BST 2004

On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 07:29:24 +0100, Jean-Michel Hiver wrote:

> If you don't declare the Petal namespace, the prefix by default is
> petal:, not tal:

Turns out this was it.. I assumed the tal prefix would inherit from the
main document... It's less to type, so... =P

> This will not work. Petal's implementation of METAL is only partial, and
> you need to read the docs :)

funny, it does work... =)

The file is called "macros", and the macro is called "display_line", so
it's not all that naughty.

Now all I need is to work around using TALES that look like
"object/laadidaa/?var" and get the var to interpolate before the path
expansion. I think using ${var} syntax is very ingruiging, because in

 /\  kung foo master: /me kicks %s on the nose: neeyah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!