[Petal] Petal 2.10 Released

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at mkdoc.com
Thu Jul 22 15:25:54 BST 2004

Hi Gang,

I just realized that I forgot to apply Warren's patch... doh... for the
next release I promess...

Anyway good news is, I have *experimental, api is subject to change*
ZPT-like i18n support, and although the implementation is not complete,
it seems to work pretty well :-)

i18:domain is supported but Petal does nothing special with them (maybe
it should?)

i18n:translate and i18n:name are fully supported.

Consult Petal::I18N to see how it works.

If anybody on the list is familiar with gettext(), I could do with a
critical view on the work. Sometime I've felt I didn't really know what
I was doing :-/

I also tidied up the docs a bit (moved a lot of old backwards
compatibility stuff in Petal::Deprecated to keep the size of the docs
down) and added some tests, which never hurts.

So that's it... Petal = Perl TAL + METAL + I18N. All in one big hacky
module. Yey!

Maybe we should rename the module PeMeTALi18n ;-)

Happy hacking!

Jean-Michel Hiver - MKDoc Ltd
0114 255 8097