[Petal] Petal::Mail Encode

William McKee william at knowmad.com
Sat Feb 28 21:43:20 GMT 2004

On Sat, Feb 28, 2004 at 08:57:12PM +0000, Colin Fallon wrote:
> Thanks for your replies. I had a look at Encode::Compat on cpan but
> didn't go any further both because there was a warning in block caps
> about it being a proof of concept and because it needs Perl 5.6.1 and
> the ISP for the site in question is still on 5.6.

Ah well, so much for that angle. I'd stay away from it as well even
though I have 5.6.1 available.

> I have also noticed that contrary to the documentation if you use the
> Petal::Mail->send function you need to use a hash (i.e. a hashref
> doesn't work). A suggested fix would be to replace the 2nd line of the
> send function which currently reads:

I had mentioned the inconsistency of process taking a hashref and send
taking a hash to Jean-Michel but never sent a patch. I like your
solution which maintains backward compatibility.

Regards,
William

--
Knowmad Services Inc.