[Petal]   to  mystery

William McKee william at knowmad.com
Wed Feb 25 17:39:37 GMT 2004

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 05:14:35PM +0000, Chris Croome wrote:
> Is that what you expected?

Not really. I'm surprised you get the ??? with straight Petal since I
thought the \240 character was a sticky space in utf8. Does the ??? mean
that the terminal just can't print the character? That could make sense.
I don't understand why the  is not printed when using
Petal::Parser::HTB in a UTF8 environment. More mysteries!

Here's my results:

$ printenv|grep LANG
LANG=en_US

    <title>Petal Test</title>

    <title>Petal Test with Petal::Parser::HTB</title>

In the second example, I get the space but the  character preceeds it
much like your problem with the copyright entity. I had originally
thought the  was replacing the sticky space.

-Wm

--
Knowmad Services Inc.
http://www.knowmad.com