[Petal] Modifiers and variables

William McKee william at knowmad.com
Wed Aug 18 14:19:24 BST 2004

On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 02:00:37PM +0100, Jean-Michel Hiver wrote:
> >If I understand you correctly, this sounds great. Is TALES where
> >modifiers and the like are defined? I get TAL/TALES/METAL confused.
> >
> Well, TAL is the stuff that's in the petal: prefix.
>
> METAL is the stuff that's in the METAL prefix.
>
> TALES is the stuff that's supposed to go in the TAL attributes. And
> while Petal doesn't strictly speaking comply with the TALES syntax, it's
> pretty close.

Ahh, so TAL is the language(?) where things like repeat, replace,
condition, etc. are defined. METAL is another language altogether; and
TALES is the the definition of what belongs inside of the TAL
attributes.

Well, now that I've figured out how TAL/TALES works, maybe it's time to
check into METAL <g>. Does METAL use TALES in its attributes or is that
a whole 'nother language definition?

Regards,
William

--