[Petal] Petal 1.10_01 released

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at mkdoc.com
Fri Sep 19 18:02:58 BST 2003

Hi List,

I have released Petal 1.10_01.

This is an experimental version. It'll work with Perl 5.8.0 but if too
many people think it should work with Perl 5.6.x series I'll take some
time to get that to work.

It uses the MKDoc::XML backend, so Petal now relies on NO C libraries.
It should be entirely backwards compatible but since I don't want to
break anything I need some volunteers for beta testing before I release
it as Petal 1.10.

Also, I have introduced prefixes in pathes. However this is still a bit
limited since you cannot have spaces or slashes within path expressions,
so:

/path/var:something will work.

However
  /path/var:something/foo

means
  path THEN var:something THEN foo

and not
  path THEN var:something/foo

Again some testing is needed. I have worked hard to bring you this
release, so I hope you enjoy it :)

Building a better web - http://www.mkdoc.com/