[Petal] Some news

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at mkdoc.com
Fri Sep 19 11:59:09 BST 2003

Hey list,

I'm almost done switching Petal parser to MKDoc::XML::TreeBuilder.

I will release the XML::Parser backend and the HTML::TreeBuilder backend
as separate distributions, probably Petal::Parser::HTML_TreeBuilder and
Petal::Parser::XML_Parser.

I am also tempted to upgrade the minimal version of Perl to 5.8.0. This
will allow me to remove a few horrible hacks. If anybody is still using
perl 5.6.x they'll have to stick with Petal 1.06 for a while.

I'll also try to implement path prefixes in this release.

Is this OK with everybody?
Building a better web - http://www.mkdoc.com/