[Petal] [Utils] Install errors

William McKee william at knowmad.com
Wed Sep 10 09:25:49 BST 2003

On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 11:49:55AM +0100, Steve Purkis wrote:
> I can honestly say: it's not a bug, it's a feature :-)
>
> Amongst other things, Module::Build lets you specify 'required'
> modules, and 'recommended' modules separately.
>
> Date::Format is recommended, not required.  Only P::Utils::Date uses
> it, so if you never use the date: modifier, you're not forced to
> install a module you may never use.

This makes sense but it'd be nice if the CPAN interface would stop and
let me know that P::Utils recommends a module rather than just blasting
past it and failing the tests! In the meantime, it seems like we need to
rewrite the tests to allow for a missing Date::Format module. Is there a
way to check if a module is available and skip the test if not?

William

--
Knowmad Services Inc.
http://www.knowmad.com