[Petal] [IDEA] Hash with params

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at mkdoc.com
Wed Sep 10 12:57:32 BST 2003

Hey Evan,

I'm not really sure I really understand what this is all about. I
remember a ZPT undocumented feature which allowed paths as follows:

  /path/with/?variable

How does it relates to prefixes?

I've also been thinking about how to implement METAL. Ideally I would
like to do this incrementally, on top of Petal's existing include
mechanism.

So I need to figure out a one to one mapping between METAL macros and
Petal include mechanism.

As far as I understand, if a file (let's call it foo.xml) contained a
METAL define-macro="bar" instruction then Petal would have to look at
this XML fragment as a virtual file called 'foo/bar'. Or should it be
'foo.xml/bar' ?

Reversely, would metal:use-macro="somemacro" map to Petal's
<?include file="somemacro.xml" ?>

How about metal:slot and metal:fill-slot? In which way would I need to
extend Petal's include mechanism to provide equivalent functionality?

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.
--
Building a better web - http://www.mkdoc.com/