[Petal] [Utils] Error log messages

William McKee william at knowmad.com
Tue Sep 9 06:50:05 BST 2003

On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 09:55:20AM +0100, Steve Purkis wrote:
> That's because you have warnings turned on, and this line in Utils.pm:
>
> 	88: warnings::warn( "installing Petal plugin: '$name'" )
> 	      if warnings::enabled;
>
> You can turn off warnings for Petal::Utils like so:
>
> 	no warnings 'Petal::Utils';

But I'm in a catch-22 because Perl returns an error message if I try to
put that line before calling Petal::Utils:

[Tue Sep  9 03:46:55 2003] [error] unknown warnings category
'Petal::Utils' at /usr/local/apache/conf/startup.pl line 55

I simply commented out line 88 in my version of Petal::Utils. I think
that's the best long-term solution unless you are debugging the module.
Or, perhaps we could add a DEBUG flag that would be checked before
emitting the warning message.

Thanks,
William

--