[BUG] Petal removes XML comments, was: Re: [Petal] HTML Comments

Chris Croome chris at webarchitects.co.uk
Wed Sep 3 13:28:12 BST 2003

Hi

The bug I just reported about CDATA reminded me of the outstanding issue
with comments (over a year old!).

Currently all comments are removed by Petal, what I think should happen
is that comments like this should be preserved:

And comments in the Petal style should be removed:

Perhaps this bug can be fixed at the same time as the CDATA one?

For reference the section in the XML spec on comments is here:

  http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml#sec-comments

Chris