Checking things are well formed and DTD for XHTML/Petal, was: Re: [Petal] Petal 1.10_09 Released

William McKee william at knowmad.com
Fri Oct 31 17:46:43 GMT 2003

On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 01:47:13PM +0000, Chris Croome wrote:
> There is xmllint, and there are some online xml validators, but I
> have just used xmllint ever since you posted some nice vim bindings
> here :-)

Hey, that's pretty cool. I had forgotten that I posted those bindings.
I've been using tidy, but it seems like xmllint is the way to go now
that I need well-formed docs.

To that extent, I installed xmllint on my Debian server and ran it
against one of my templates. Here's the output of running `xmllint
need.tmpl`:

need.tmpl:185: error: xmlParseEntityRef: expecting ';'
lass="complete_list"><a petal:attr="href string:need.cgi?rm=display_need_full&i
                                                                              ^

Are you using any options to get your petal templates to be processed? I
tried adding --nowarning but that didn't make any difference.

Thanks,
William

--
Knowmad Services Inc.