[Petal] [BUG] splitpath error

William McKee william at knowmad.com
Tue Oct 28 14:40:49 GMT 2003

On Tue, Oct 28, 2003 at 01:09:12PM +0000, Jean-Michel Hiver wrote:
> So you're saying that all backslashes should be backslashed before the
> code is evaled? I think that would be a problem since Petal already uses
> backslashes.
>
> For example:
>
>   petal:attributes="backslash string:\\;semicolon string:\;"
>
> So what do we do?

I'm not sure this is a problem within code segments (actually I haven't
even tested it within attribute tags). Did you see the test script that
I sent to the MKDoc mailing list? That contains concrete examples of
using backslashes within the content, e.g.:
problem.</p>

When processed by Petal with MKDoc as the parser, this will render:

When processed with Petal::Parser::HTB, it renders the same thing.
Ooops, my bad, I thought it was an MKDoc issue. Apparently it is a Petal
issue.

Like I said in my post to MKDoc, I'm not sure what to do about it other
than make a note in the docs that it is a known issue. I found the HTML
encoding for the ISO8859 backslash character (&bsol;)[1]. Does this mean
that the backslash should not be allowed within the content? Perhaps
that's where the problem lies. Petal encodes some special chars. Perhaps
the backslash should be added to the list.

William

[1] http://www.bbsinc.com/iso8859.html

--
Knowmad Services Inc.