[Petal] [BUG] petal:attr no longer supported

William McKee william at knowmad.com
Fri Oct 17 23:38:51 BST 2003

Hi all,

Petal 1.10_08

Well, it appears that part of my problems with splitpath and Taint
errors have to do with a Petal bug. The bug is causing confess to be
called. Unfortunately, in my application, it appears to be using
CGI::Carp's version of confess (even though `use Carp;` is defined in
Petal::CodeGenerator).

At any rate, here is the error message:

[PETAL ERROR] Cannot parse <?attr name="" value=""?> : 'name' attribute
is not defined at /usr/local/share/perl/5.6.1/Petal/CodeGenerator.pm
line 345

This is caused because the attr shortcut for attribute is no longer
supported. Was this intentional or an oversight in the modifications to
the latest release?

My problems with taintmode continue to plague me and I'm wondering if
there are other shortcuts which I use in my templates that are no longer
supported. JM, can you confirm that all shortcuts are still viable and
working in 1.10_0x?

Thanks,
William

--