[Petal] More on taint issues with Petal 1.10_xx

William McKee william at knowmad.com
Fri Oct 17 19:53:19 BST 2003

Kurt,

Now this is beginning to make sense! Using your feedback, I've been able
to come up with a script that demonstrates the error. And it has nothing
to do with Petal.

The attached script contains 6 tests which all work except the last
which involves reval and CGI::Carp. I am running this on Debian Linux
with Perl 5.6.1.

I'd be interested to know if this script demonstrates the same behavior
for others on this list, esp. those with different versions of Perl and
OS's.

Also, where should I submit this error? comp.lang.perl? PerlMonks? CPAN?
to the author of CGI::Carp?

Finally, is there a way to unuse a module? I'm using another module
(CGI::Application) which in turn uses CGI::Carp and is thus causing me
troubles with Petal when I enable TAINT. It'd be nice to find a solution
that does not require commenting out the use line in CGI::Application.

Thanks,
William

--
Knowmad Services Inc.