[Petal] Re: Petal requires invalid XHTML documents

William McKee william at knowmad.com
Thu Oct 9 00:55:46 BST 2003

On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 11:46:49PM +0100, patricka at mkdoc.com wrote:
> there are two levels of validation. "well-formed", means all elements are
> paired (a requirement of xml). strong validation further checks your
> document against it's grammar (dtd or schema).
>
> (the w3 validator does strong dtd based validation. i don't know of any
> schema validators.)

Patrick,

Thanks for the clarification. It's probably not detrimental that my
Petal templates not be valid; it just makes it a bit more challenging
for my designers who will need to know the difference.

One of the reasons I used the w3 validation service is because Petal
does not report the reason a document is well-formed. I'm not sure if
this is even possible, but it would be at the top of my wish list for
future features!

William

--
Knowmad Services Inc.