[Petal] New releases

William McKee william at knowmad.com
Wed Oct 1 09:32:47 BST 2003

On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 01:22:12PM +0100, Jean-Michel Hiver wrote:
> Please note that the following modules should be on CPAN shortly:
>
> Petal-1.10_05
> Petal-Parser-XP-1.02
> Petal-Parser-HTB-1.02
>
> These should fix the Perl 5.6.1 issues which have been raised by
> William.

Thanks for the updates. The biggest problem I'm having with migrating to
the latest version of Petal is that, as much as I hate to admit it to
this group of hardcore standardists <g>, most of my templates are not
well-formed.

This means that Petal is essentially non-backwards compatible for me and
that I will need to update all of my projects to either make the
templates XHTML compliant (probably the best solution) or add the `use
Petal::Parser::HTB` line (the most likely solution).

For this reason, I think the next release of Petal should be 2.0 to let
folks know that significant changes have been made that may affect them.

BTW, I haven't tested the new versions yet but will do shortly (been out
of town for my anniversary).

William

--
Knowmad Services Inc.