Spam... Re: [Petal] ???????????????????????????????????????????

Ronald Hayden rhayden at apple.com
Wed Mar 5 08:58:04 GMT 2003

My personal opinion is that people not on the list should not be able
to post to it.

I administer a couple of closed lists for my employer, and I think one
time one of the bounced messages from a non-list member wasn't spam.
Hundreds of spams, one legitimate message.

In our case, a non-poster gets an email explaining how to join the
list...so it's no real harm to the rare non-member who sends an actual
message.

I've done a lot of work recently to screen out spam using mail rules,
and it's been quite successful, with not a single spam in my main
mailbox for the past month...until this message came along.  That was
disappointing.

  -- Ron