[Petal] Petal / UTF-8-ness

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at mkdoc.com
Thu Jun 26 12:11:14 BST 2003

Hi List,

I'm having trouble with Petal and UTF-8, which means probably a few
changes to Petal so that it converts anything to UTF-8 properly.

I was thinking of adding the two following options:

$Petal::DECODE = <some_charset>;
$Petal::ENCODE = <some_charset>;

(with the associated constructor options for the 'everything should
always be an object' freaks)

Where $Petal::DECODE is the character set that your templates are in and
$Petal::ENCODE is the character set that you want your output to be in.

However those options could only be used with versions of Perl greater
than 5.8. I suppose I could make it so that earlier versions of Perl
would ignore those variables or something.

What do you guys think?
Building a better web - http://www.mkdoc.com/