[Petal] compiled expression (again)

William McKee william at knowmad.com
Wed Jun 18 10:03:39 BST 2003

On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 02:06:11AM +0100, Fergal Daly wrote:
> here's what a nicer impementation of compiled expressions for Petal. You will
> need Petal::CodePerl and the two patches from

Nice work. From reviewing the readme, it sounds like you've added many
useful features to Petal. I hope Jean-Michel is able to find time to
integrate some of these ideas into Petal.

>>    Your templates may now generate "undefined value" warnings if you try to use
>>    an undefined value. Previously, Petal prevented many of these from
>>    occurring. As always, the best thing to do is not to avoid using undefined
>>    values in your templates.

Does this mean that I can no longer have undefined hash entries if I use
the element in the template? Hmm, I prefer the way Petal does it or at
least the ability to make a choice as HTML::Template offers. Is this a
technical limitation or a design decision?

Regards,
William

--
Knowmad Services Inc.