[Petal] proposed changes

Fergal Daly fergal at esatclear.ie
Wed Jun 11 15:16:00 BST 2003

On Wednesday 11 June 2003 2:00 pm, Jean-Michel Hiver wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> Since it won't accept execution speed I think it's OK.
>
> > technique to integrate Text::Engine into Petal a few version ago, it
passed
> > almost all the tests (except the plugins).
>
> I would feel safer and much more inclined to apply the patch if it
> passed ALL the tests :)

The patch I want to send passes all tests. The code generated is identical to
the current code, it just allows the possibility of using something besides

$hash->get('$variable')

That way you can play with an alternative Petal::CodeGenerator that produces

$hash->{thing}->method("name")

instead of

$hash->get('thing/method "name"')