[Petal] Hi

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at mkdoc.com
Sat Jul 19 03:55:39 BST 2003

> Is there a website or some articles about petal ?  I did a google and got
> some hits about a non existent "the perl journal" doc.
>
> I read through the doc at search.cpan.org but not having worked with
> templating systems I don't really get how to use petal.  I'm currently
> reading about Template::Toolkit, playing with XML+XSL+XML::DOM, and just saw
> Petal come up on the mod_perl list

Not so many articles about Petal, but if the perldoc is not enough and
you need more examples, you can search for articles on ZPT (Zope Page
Templates) which also use the TAL specification.

I guess this is the real power of TAL... it's an open specification! Try
to search for 'TAL of ZPT' on google and read on it. Then read Petal
doc. It should give you an idea of what it's all about :)

List, how about we compile a list of TAL tutorials and with the
permission of their author, adapt them to Petal (which should be a piece
of cake...)? Are you aware of any?

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.