[Petal] New syntaxes

Fergal Daly fergal at esatclear.ie
Wed Jul 9 17:30:01 BST 2003

On Wednesday 09 July 2003 15:43, Jean-Michel Hiver wrote:
> > This reminds me of something else I meant to mention - modifiers. They are
> > <snip />
>
> > sub perl
> > {
> > 	my $self = shift;
> > 	my $expr = shift;
> >
> > 	return "uc($expr)";
> > }
>
> Surely this method should be called 'inline' shouldn't it?

Yep, that'd be better. I called it "perl" to match the interface to CodePerl
objects but now that I think of it, the perl method for CodePerl objects
doesn't take an argument

> This sounds like an excellent plan. I'm looking forward to it.
>
> It would be good to see how those coolie changes work. I'm looking
> forward to the next release of CodePerl... It'll be interesting to see
> if it works with all my existing Petal templates :)

I think I can figure out a way to make old style and new style modifiers work
together. Don't know about a date for that though, I'm off to the UK tomorrow
to do a couple of interviews. If I get a real job my "productivity" could
drop rapidly!