[Petal] Petal 0.82 Released

William McKee william at knowmad.com
Mon Jan 27 12:23:41 GMT 2003

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 04:50:58PM +0000, Jean-Michel Hiver wrote:
> The same applies for the Petal namespace. Alternatively, if you're happy
> using xi: prefix you don't even need to declare the namespace at all,
> it's just more XMLishly correct.

It may be more correct but it does seems like it's a lot to type in and
remember just to use an include. I guess that's why XML is really not
intended for direct use by humans.

> So basically just typing
>
>   <xi:include href="../blah.html" />
>
> Should do.

That's how I like it!

> > with XHTML as well?
> Indeed, I know how much you like the XHTML parser / writer and I
> wouldn't want to deprive you of any new features :-)

<sigh> Yeah, I know I should probably pick up XML but wouldn't I have to
output to XHTML anyhow if I were going to display the results via a web
app? Plus there are many more designer tools (e.g., Dreamweaver) that
can handle XHTML vs. XML. So, I'm probably going to keep you honest in
regards to XHTML support for awhile to come <g>.

Cheers!
William

--
Knowmad Services Inc.