XIncludes, was: Re: [Petal] Petal 0.80 released

William McKee william at knowmad.com
Mon Jan 27 11:35:23 GMT 2003

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 12:32:27PM +0000, Jean-Michel Hiver wrote:
>   "When recursively processing an xi:include element, it is a fatal error
>   to process another xi:include element with an include location  that has
>   already been processed in the inclusion chain."
>
> Problem is that Petal is absolutely fine with recursive includes. So
> maybe if we were to implement XIncludes we should ignore that bit of the
> specification.

My reading of that spec says that the processor should abort if it
goes into a loop condition. This seems like the proper behavior as I
cannot envision a situation where recursive includes could be anything
but an infinite loop.

Doc A ---> Doc B ---> Doc C ---> Doc B ---> Doc C ---> Doc B .....

William

--
Knowmad Services Inc.
http://www.knowmad.com