[Petal] Apache warnings

William McKee william at knowmad.com
Mon Feb 24 13:03:12 GMT 2003

On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 10:16:04AM -0500, William McKee wrote:
> A while back ago, I posted a message regarding warning messages I'm
> getting when starting my Apache server. These messages look like the
> following:

Since noone else has managed to come up with an answer to my warning
messages, I'm going to give you the solution <g>.

It appears to be the result of a problem with mod_perl and the
PerlFreshRestart configuration. After a prolonged search to discover why
my server was not running after a graceful restart, I discovered the FAQ
at perl.apache.org which described my problem. Setting PerlFreshRestart
to Off has appeared to clear up both my graceful restart problem and my
Petal warnings problem.

I have setup my server to restart the test server hourly for the next
couple of days. If I discover that my solution is inaccurate, I will
write back.

William

--
Knowmad Services Inc.