[Petal] XIncludes problem and question

William McKee william at knowmad.com
Fri Feb 14 08:56:52 GMT 2003

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 11:49:35AM +0000, Jean-Michel Hiver wrote:
> Yes, you can move your namespace declaration in the <html> tag.
> What's confusing you so much?

Hi Jean-Michel,

That's good to know. I think what is confusing me are all the options
and interacting documents. I started reading about XML namespaces on
DevShed.com. I just don't have the big picture yet and all the little
details are getting muddled up in my head. It's encouraging to keep
getting the little insights from using Petal and talking with you all.

> > As for the problem, I have attached three files to demonstrate the
> > problem I am getting. Basically, the '<' is being rewritten to &lt; but
> > the '>' is not.
>
> Why is this a problem?

Well, shouldn't both of these be getting treated the same--either
translated to HTML representation or not? That's what I would expect
from reading the docs (Petal::Doc::Petales). Specifically, this is a
problem because, as shown in the sample I sent, my html is not getting
displayed correctly due to the HTML translation taking place when the
file is included? Is there a way to tell Petal to not do the translation
like I can with the 'structure' keyword?

Thanks,
William

--
Knowmad Services Inc.