[Petal] [BUG] odd & even changed?

William McKee william at knowmad.com
Thu Aug 14 12:09:57 BST 2003

On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 03:22:04PM +0100, Steve Purkis wrote:
> Petal-1.03 seems to have changed its notion of odd and even in loops.
> I've tried switching from __odd__ and __even__ to repeat/odd and
> repeat/even, but get the same result.

Hi Steve,

Yeah, I thought it was kinda odd output when I was hacking on the
Hash.pm module earlier this week. It'd no surprise you get the same
results as the __odd__ and __even__ are mapped to the repeat/odd and
repeat/even functions. I think that may be a bug which will hopefully
get patched when Jean-Michel has some time to look at the patch I sent
in (nudge-nudge).

In the meantime, you could change your templates or edit the two lines
in Hash.pm which do this calculation. I think the odd() and even() subs
should be adding 1 to the value of $CUR before doing the modulus
calculation.

William

--
Knowmad Services Inc.