[Petal] Petal 0.90 Released

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at mkdoc.com
Wed Apr 2 15:24:27 BST 2003

Hi List,

I have released Petal 0.90. on CPAN. I have added just one new
long-awaited feature, which is a plugin system for Petal that
automatically picks up installed plugins.

Basically you write a Petal modifier, you give it the name
Petal::Hash::My_Modifier, and whamo! Whenever you 'use' Petal, it will
automagically pick it up and assign it to 'my_modifier:'.

A small test / tutorial, Petal::Hash::Test, has been added.

If you don't want to place your plugins under the Petal::Hash::
namespace, then the plugin system works as before, EXCEPT that you need
to import your module manually whilst previously Petal would do that for
you.

That's about it... now you've got no excuse not to flood CPAN with
wonderful Petal plugins! ;-)

Happy Petal Hacking,
--
Building a better web - http://www.mkdoc.com/