[Petal] Is this a bug?

William McKee william@knowmad.com
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 09:19:36 -0400

Jean-Michel,

Thanks for the updated module. I'll install and test soon. In the
meantime, I have a template which is generating some odd behaviors under
0.71. Perhaps this behavior is correct for XHTML; perhaps it's been fixed
in the latest release.

Basically, the template engine does not support elements contained within
paragraph tags. Consider user_id to be null in both cases. In the first,
the form prints when it should not. The second works using a div tag. I
can provide a test script if you'd like. Thanks for your input.

Template that fails (using p tags):
	<form petal:attr="action scriptname">
		<input type="hidden" name="lid" petal:attr="value listing_id">
		<input type="submit" name="contact_listing" value=" Contact this Listing
">
	</form>

Template that works (using div tags):
	<form petal:attr="action scriptname">
		<input type="hidden" name="lid" petal:attr="value listing_id">
		<input type="submit" name="contact_listing" value=" Contact this Listing
">
	</form>

William
--
 Lead Developer
 Knowmad Services Inc. || Internet Applications & Database Integration