[Petal] Observations

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver@mkdoc.com
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 10:29:24 +0100

On Wed 11-Sep-2002 at 06:06:54PM -0400, William McKee wrote:
> A few observations although no time to do tests:
>
> - Using < in an XHTML template does not result in the < being
> converted to '<'. Using &gt; will get converted to '>'. Inserting these
> characters directly causes them to be converted to their HTML symbols.

Remember the style &quot; bug? This bug forces me to convert only &lt;
and &amp; in the X(HT)ML which is outputted, which is valid. In other
words, don't worry, it's still valid as long as you send the right
character set with your content-type.

> - Petal docs do not mention the newer modifiers such as 'string:'.

Yes, docs are out of date, once again :-)

> - The following tag causes an error (this was my attempt to work around
> the above problem):
> 	<?petal:var name="string:<"?>

What exactly are you trying to do?

IT'S TIME FOR A DIFFERENT KIND OF WEB