[Petal] Implementation question

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver@mkdoc.com
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 14:29:13 +0100

> Hi Jean-Michel,
>
> Thanks for the extensive example of using methods with Petal. I look
> forward to trying to incorporate the technique into future projects.

You're welcome! It's always interesting to exchange tricks & tips.

> In the meantime, I've added it to the growing list of examples for using
> Petal that I've started keeping for my own edification. I've attached the
> file for comments/additions. I need to capture some more of the basic
> techniques in order for it to be a real cookbook, but perhaps it could be
> useful to include with the Petal release files with a bit more work.

A cookbook? What a delightful idea! I see that for the moment it's still
a bit 'bare bones', but with a bit of work and somewhat simpler / more
natural examples it could become really useful for people to get started
with Petal.

Maybe we should put the documentation online somewhere? We have set up a
website for documentation, mkdoc.org, but it's pretty empty at the
moment. Would you like editor rights on it to put your cookbook online?

Anyway thanks for this work! It's very much appreciated.

There is still a lot of work to be done on the library. However I have
converted a bunch of templates of our existing web application into
Petal and it's getting now quite stable, and I was wondering if we
should start doing a bit of advertisment to get more people interested
in it?

Anyone got suggestions on how to do this?
IT'S TIME FOR A DIFFERENT KIND OF WEB
  Jean-Michel Hiver - Software Director
  jhiver@mkdoc.com
  +44 (0)114 255 8097