[Petal] Replace contents of tag only if value is set

William McKee william@knowmad.com
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 11:50:14 -0500

Hi Mark,

If I understand what you want to do, you shouldn't need a custom handler.
Use a condition check like the following:

	<tag petal:content="foo" petal:if="bar">Your Message Here</tag>

Be sure to check out the docs and the Petal::Expressions POD
 <http://search.cpan.org/author/JHIVER/Petal-
0.77/lib/Petal/Expressions.pm>

> Is there someway of doing this with a custom modifier?

I'm sure there is a way to do it with a custom modifier but why?

> Can the original contents of the tag be passed to the process routine of > a modifier?

Yes. See "Writing Your Own Modifiers" in the Expressions document I
mentioned above.

Good luck,
William

--
 Lead Developer
 Knowmad Services Inc. || Internet Applications & Database Integration