[Petal] Petal 0.75 is on CPAN (or should be shortly)

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver@mkdoc.com
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 17:46:24 +0100

Hi List,

England is a wonderful country for computer geeks: Sundays are almost
always rainy so that you spend your time programming rather than
enjoying yourself outside. Plus you don't get those god damn sunlight
reflections on your screen :-)

Anyway, after a rainy programmy sunday I have uploaded Petal 0.75 to
CPAN. It includes XML namespace support, so if you want to use another
namespace than 'petal:', you can do:

  <tag xmlns:foo="http://purl.org/petal/1.0/">
    <another_tag foo:replace="some/expression" />
  </tag>

I think this is good because it increases TAL compatibility (you can use
the TAL prefix if you want to) plus it's the Right Way To Do It.

Another thing: from now on I won't include the changelog nor the module
itself on the list because quite a few people have subscribed recently
and I suspect that not anyone is as interested in Petal as the regulars
who usually roam around here :-)

Have fun with Petal!
IT'S TIME FOR A DIFFERENT KIND OF WEB
  Jean-Michel Hiver - Software Director