[Petal] Re: [use Perl] Stories for 2002-10-15

William McKee william@knowmad.com
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 10:53:12 -0400

On 15 Oct 2002 at 2:00, pudge@perl.org wrote:
> In this issue:
>     * Petal, Perl Implementation of Zope's TAL

Congratulations, Jean-Michel! There was a bit of muttering amongst the
readers at use.perl.org going about yet another template library, so I
posted a more upbeat reply. Hopefully it doesn't sound too much like
cheerleading <g>.

What do you think of the issues that Barrie brought up? I kinda have to
agree with #1, but #2 seems irrelevant. I didn't understand the last
paragraph which I've inserted below. What are PI's?

>> You might want to warn about esaping issues in PIs, since the fake
attribute in may not parse right if you stick a " in the same string as
the "b". This may not be an issue in your instance, but you might want to
think about it. How (well?) does this interoperate with XML namespaces? <<

William

--
 Lead Developer
 Knowmad Services Inc. || Internet Applications & Database Integration