[Petal] petal:/tal: namespace

Christopher R. Baker cbaker@cbaker.org
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 15:19:30 -0700

Hello All,

I was wondering if/why there was a need for a seperate namespace (petal:) in Petal templates from Tal templates? I hit upon this trying to use some Tal templates in a Petal program. I was having a hard time finding examples of Petal templates and so grabbed some from articles on Tal. I could see a real advantage for the templates to be language neutral so that they could work both from Python and Perl.

Is keeping things in sync between Tal and Petal a goal of the project?
What problems would there be in having language neutral templates?

I could at least see triggering an exception if the processer hits a tal attribute.

Just wondering,

I've been enjoying hacking though Petal. More to come on my adventures...

=>Chris

--
Christopher R. Baker
Tune Smith / Programmer