[Petal] [perrin@elem.com: Re: Templates comparison]

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver@mkdoc.com
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 17:29:32 +0100

--ReaqsoxgOBHFXBhH

FYI...
--
IT'S TIME FOR A DIFFERENT KIND OF WEB
  Jean-Michel Hiver - Software Director
  jhiver@mkdoc.com
  +44 (0)114 255 8097
                                      VISIT HTTP://WWW.MKDOC.COM

--ReaqsoxgOBHFXBhH

Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 12:06:35 -0400
From: Perrin Harkins <perrin@elem.com>
To: Jean-Michel Hiver <jhiver@mkdoc.com>
Subject: Re: Templates comparison

Jean-Michel Hiver wrote:
> I have seen your article [1] about Perl template engines comparison on
> the new shiny mod_perl site, and it would be good if you could include
> the CPAN templating system which I wrote: Petal.

Of course I'm familiar with Petal.  I remember when you announced it on
the list.

Because there are so many template tools (literally dozens) and most of
them have very few distinguishing features, I try to limit the number of
tools described in detail in my document.  In general, I have only
talked about the most widely used ones, and just listed the other
interesting ones briefly.  However, Petal has a special appeal for
people who want to use standard HTML for their templates (the "TAL"
syntax), and the module I currently list for that is not well supported
anymore, so I was planning to list Petal there.

I'm working on another tutorial right now, but will come back to the
templating in a little while.

- Perrin

--ReaqsoxgOBHFXBhH--