[Petal] Petal 0.77 released

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver@mkdoc.com
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 15:19:46 +0000

Hi List,

I'm back from holidays, so in order to get myself to start working again
(noooooo :-)) I've been doing something I like: working on Petal :-)

I have implemented the TAL omit-tag, straight off the TAL spec:

-----------8<-----------------------------------------------------
Omit-Tag Syntax:

argument ::= [expression] To leave the contents of a tag in place while
omitting the surrounding start and end tag, use the omit-tag statement.
If its expression evaluates to a false value, then normal processing of
the element continues.  If the expression evaluates to a true value, or
there is no expression, the statement tag is replaced with its contents.
It is up to the interface between TAL and the expression engine to
determine the value of true and false.  For these purposes, the value
nothing is false, and cancellation of the action has the same effect as
returning a false value.

Examples:

    <i>...but this text will remain.</i>
  <b tal:omit-tag="not:bold">I may not be bold.</b>

Hope you like it!
IT'S TIME FOR A DIFFERENT KIND OF WEB
  Jean-Michel Hiver - Software Director
  jhiver@mkdoc.com