[Petal] Problems with HTML Parser

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver@mkdoc.com
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 14:20:41 +0100

On Thu 08-Aug-2002 at 12:28:17PM +0100, Jean-Michel Hiver wrote:
> > For example, if my CSS def'n is as follows:
> >
> >             .head {
> >                 font-size: 1.1em;
> >                 font-weight: bold;
> >                 font-family: "arial";
> >             }
> >

> > When Petal interprets it, I get:
> >
> >             .head {
> >                 font-size: 1.1em;
> >                 font-weight: bold;
> >                 font-family: "arial";
> >             }
>
> That's obviously a bug. On my TODO list.

More on this... when using the XML parser, the bug dissapears, thus it
has to be a bug in HTML::TreeBuilder. I have sent an email to S. Burke,
its maintainer, who'll hopefully release a fixed version soom.

Meanwhile, I have added a test which exposes the bug.

IT'S TIME FOR A DIFFERENT KIND OF WEB
  Jean-Michel Hiver - Software Director
  jhiver@mkdoc.com
  +44 (0)114 255 8097