[Pangloss] Re: [BUG] Server crashes after 1st request

Steve Purkis spurkis at quiup.com
Thu May 20 13:20:44 BST 2004

On May 20, 2004, at 11:31, Bruno Postle wrote:

>> Well, it looks like this bug is due to some of the changes that have
>> been made to the Pipeline module over the past year.  I don't know
>> exactly what's causing it yet, but I do know that down-grading to
>> Pipeline-3.06 fixes the problem (running standalone server, perl 5.8.4
>> on OS X, haven't tried it with Apache yet).
>
> Confirmed here, rolling back to Pipeline-3.06 fixes the problem.  I
> can run Pangloss under mod_perl with default apache
> "MaxRequestsPerChild 0" and KeepAlive On".

Actually, I've just run some more tests with Pipeline-3.06, and noticed
that it breaks other things that I didn't notice through the web
interface :-/.  Looks like 3.04 is the version to go with.

At any rate, the good news is that I've spoken to the author of
Pipeline and I know what the problem is.  I'm working on a fix that
should be ready by the end of the week.

Cheers,
-Steve