[Pangloss] Apache: Application Error: no view present!

Steve Purkis spurkis at mkdoc.com
Thu Mar 4 22:54:13 GMT 2004

On Thursday, March 4, 2004, at 01:29  pm, Bruno Postle wrote:

> I'm getting further with Pangloss on Apache, but with another
> intermittent problem.
>
> I've nuked the old database (there seemed to be a permanent Pixie
> lock) and have Pangloss running with apache.

Right -- that happens when the application dies and Pixie doesn't have
time to shutdown properly and release its locks.

To solve that, make sure all instances of Pixie are shutdown, and
delete everything from the px_lockinfo (or whatever) table.

> The front-page loads, but all of the links respond with a page with
> the message: "Application Error: no view present!" - Except
> _sometimes_ it's ok.

Again, this is going to take time to debug, and I'm not available ATM
:-/.

If this is urgent, perhaps we can look at getting someone in to do the
debugging?

-Steve