[Pangloss] Config::Pipeline failing

Steve Purkis spurkis at quiup.com
Thu Mar 4 22:40:31 GMT 2004

Hey Bruno,

What can I say -- that's very strange.

My gut feeling says it's likely the version of Perl.  It was developed
under 5.8.0, and works there.  And it works on 5.8.3.  I've just tried
it on 5.8.1_RC1 and it fails there 50% of the time too.  Also prints
out a load of warnings, so it might be something to do with that...

I talked to some people; thought it might be the Hash Randomization,
but after some tests setting PERL_HASH_SEED=0 that doesn't seem to be
the case.  It will likely be something else; I'll study perldelta in my
copious amounts of spare time to try and figure it out.

Thanks for the bug report.

-Steve