[Pangloss] pg_admin shell basics, creating a pixie store

Bruno Postle bruno at mkdoc.com
Fri Feb 27 11:49:41 GMT 2004

On Fri 20-Feb-2004 at 01:25:18PM +0000, Bruno Postle wrote:

> I'm trying to create the initial Pixie store using the pg_admin
> tool.

> I figured out that the syntax for connecting with these details is
> something like this:

Nope actually it's this:

    connect 'dbi:mysql:dbname=pangloss1:user=pangloss1:password=pangloss1'

> ..but before that, I can't even create a Pixie store by following
> the instructions in the INSTALL file:

OK the incantation for creating a MySQL Pixie store is this:

#!/usr/bin/perl
use strict;
use warnings;

use Pixie::Store::DBI;
Pixie::Store::DBI->deploy ("dbi:mysql:dbname=pangloss1",
    user => 'pangloss1', pass => 'pangloss1');

--
Bruno