[Pangloss] status update 08-09-2003

Steve Purkis spurkis at mkdoc.com
Tue Sep 9 17:58:52 BST 2003

On Tuesday, September 9, 2003, at 04:32  pm, Dan McQuillan wrote:

> hi steve

Hi Dan, hope you had a good vacation.

>> 	http://staging.quiup.com:8888/
>>

> the search is so much easier now: thanks.

Good to hear.

> i logged in as 'translator' & did a search on 'council' - nice to see
> the lasa keywords come up.

Yup, thanks for the sample data set.  Also, if you put in the url
'www.multikulti.ork.uk' you get terms from said page.  You can then
filter them even further...

> but at the moment the page doesn't seem to have content-type=utf-8
> headers, so the non-latin comes up as garbage in my browser.

Right, that's been added to the list of things to do.

> as i think i was saying, i think that the items 'categories',
> 'languages' & 'users' would be better off on a seperate (admin) page.
> otherwise they'll confuse the general punter i think.

Oops, I forgot about that one.  Also added to the todo list.

> i was curious how to view/edit a translated term, so i just logged in
> as admin, but i then get
> '10061 - Connection refused. Internet Security and Acceleration
> Server' error when i click on a specific term.

Strange?  Are you going through a proxy there?

That may be related to the fact that the standalone test server does
not honour Keep-Alive requests, so try clicking on the link a couple of
times.  Another problem I've run into recently is that the server
sometimes dies due to a MySQL connection problem.  At some point in the
near future I plan on moving the staging server to run under Apache,
which will make these problems go away.

-Steve