[Pangloss] status update 08-09-2003

Steve Purkis spurkis at mkdoc.com
Tue Sep 9 17:36:11 BST 2003

On Tuesday, September 9, 2003, at 03:28  pm, Bruno Postle wrote:

> On Tue 09-Sep-2003 at 03:11:40PM +0100, Steve Purkis wrote:
>>>
>>> I guess I need to setup pangloss with MySQL from now on?
>>
>> Nope, you can set the Pixie DSN like so:
>>
>> 	bin/pg_test_server --dsn=memory
>
>     bin/pg_test_server --dsn=memory --config=conf/config.yaml
>
> Ok, that works.  I wonder, how do I begin to create users, add data
> etc..?

Yeah.. the 'INSTALL' file really needs updating... well, patches are
welcome ;-)

First you need an admin user, which you can no longer create through
the web.  So you need to use the admin tool, and it looks like I forgot
to add a help topic for 'create' -- I've just added one.  So:

	$ bin/pg_admin
	pangloss> help
	pangloss> connect memory
	pangloss> create admin

Once you have an admin user, you can use the website to create things.
Alternatively, if you have loads of terms, you can stick them in YAML
format and do this:

	pangloss> help load
	pangloss> load 't/data/terms.yml'
	pangloss> help save
	pangloss> save loaded concepts

Note you'll have to add the languages through the web interface - I
haven't had the time to improve the shell to create/load other types of
objects.

hth,
-Steve